Reply to post: Re: Disruptive...

Another way to look at Amazon's counterfeit-busting Project Zero: Making merchants cough up protection money

I ain't Spartacus Gold badge

Re: Disruptive...

This is the big problem with Amazon, and what I came to post. For their warehouses (i.e. everything fulfilled by them including third partie sellers - they pool all delivered goods, and then fulfill from that common pool. This is of course done to save money. The problem is that it only needs one supplier putting in fakes to utterly contaminate their supply chain.

Having allowed this contamination of their own supply chain, they've then taken the usual Silicon Valley response which isn't to say, "let's increase our costs to fix this problem we've created" - but to say, "Hey! New revenue opportunities! Let's charge our own suppliers to fix the problem we created. And... Profit!"

This isn't helped by so many companies taking the cheap option of manufacturing in China, and then wondering why the factories they use in a jurisdiction with no proper legal protections do an extra production run and sell those goods into the same supply chain and undercut them.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon