Reply to post:

I say, that sucks! Crooks are harnessing hoovers to clean out parking meters in Chelsea

Loyal Commenter Silver badge

"It is a trend we need to stop and motorists going cashless is one way we can help tackle this."

If the parking machines in K&C are anything like the ones I've tried to use without cash, then you'll be stuck callng an automated number going through a crappy menu system before having to punch in your 12 digit card number, expiry date and CVC on your phone's keypad while still trying to hear what the automated voice is saying, in the rain, to pay £5 for parking, plus the extra 50p 'convenience fee' they scam out of you on top, then run to wherever you're trying to be because you've spent 20 minutes doing something that should have taken 20 seconds if you'd had the right change handy, whilst at the same time havng to remember to text your registration number in the correct format to some random number so you don't come back to a ticket.

I'm not sure why they can't just make the bloody things have working card readers on them, or $deity forbid, be contactless.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon