Reply to post: Meanwhile in a happy-land...

Foldables herald the beginning of the end of the smartphone fetish

idoxde

Meanwhile in a happy-land...

My 199£ Xiaomi A2 Lite does it's job perfectly, I have to say. I use bluetooth earphones most of the time but when the battery drains I switch to my standard earphones with an audio jack. I can listen to FM radio when I feel like it. I check emails, WhatsApp messages, texts, do a bit of an odd reddit-reading and some news. Now, hold your breath: it can even display weather forecast! AIMP is great for music, Antenna for podcasts. Front camera is useless since I don't take selfies, rear camera is good enough to capture a moment - if I'm to do some proper shooting session I grab my trusted Nikon gear. I added 128G SD card to expand the existing 64G for my music. And while travelling abroad, I simply add a second SIM card of the country I am visiting, to get most of the data/voice/text services. I charge my phone ever 3 days or so, thanks to the 4000mAh battery - and I honestly couldn't be happier. I don't give half a toss about AMOLED, foldables, curved screen, glass/ceramic back, USB C or it being 2mm thin. If it works solid and isn't a nuisance (careful not to shatter the glass back, charge every 8 hours, no jack, no FM, difficult to hold, etc) it makes me a happier man, which I certainly am.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon