Reply to post: Re: Eh, it's pre-CSS

WWW = Woeful, er, winternet wendering? CERN browser rebuilt after 30 years barely recognizes modern web

bpfh
Coat

Re: Eh, it's pre-CSS

Starting with the page code that can be helped with HTTP compression options, but then you get the images, which may not be much (though i've seen too many 4 meg jpeg's being forced down to 200 x 300 pixel window), then you add a couple of hundred kb of minified jquery, then a gazillion js includes for all the tracking and stats libraries under the sun, plus google tag library as someone has realised that their website is so locked down that the only way they can publish content to their own website is using an external system, chewing through your data package....only finally after 2 seconds to run about 10 redirects to tell you that you are the billionth visitor to this website and you have won a free copy of viking nazi zombies rape and pilliage if you click here and subscribe to a 50 quid a week game plan, and cannot get back to the actual bloody content you wanted to read in the first place...

Yep, the web has come a long way since when I started in 1994. Get off my lawn and take your fucking fake arsed download buttons and autoplay video ads with you.

Mine's the one with my mate's diskette of racey animated GIF's in the pocket.. I swear it's my mates. I'd never look at such stuff, of course.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon