Reply to post: Re: Meh....

Return of the audio format wars and other money-making scams

Sudosu Bronze badge

Re: Meh....

"The only advantage to this new vinyl craze? Younger people may start to appreciate listening to an entire album instead of individual tracks as tends to be done in the MP3/Digital Streaming era."

I may not be young,(younger than some?) but I have a terrible habit of listening to part of a song and then clicking to the next one, drives everyone including myself nuts. Its not just audio, am I the only one who can surf Netflix for an hour without watching a show? Anyway...

I have a room for my records and system with no remote; record goes on, I sit patiently on my sofa while my remote button pressing trigger finger twitches until the side is done, but I actually listen to the music. I have found songs I love that I would not otherwise have found on my media server with my twitchy remote finger.

Maybe, at least to me, it is more like reading a book than watching a movie, you get the full story.

Can you imagine only hearing The Wall Part 2 and Comfortably Numb vs listening to the entire Wall album it would be kind of weak.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon