Reply to post: What?

Return of the audio format wars and other money-making scams

DuncanLarge Silver badge

What?

Maybe because its the morning and I have yet to eat my mid morning snack but I read the whole thing and have no idea what this guy was talking about :D

Ok I seemed to get the idea he was confusing CD audio ripping with ripping a vinyl, which cant be done with CD ripping software at all, much like how my DVD player cant mow my lawn.

Oh and CD ripping software never went away. "apt install cdparanoia" gets me it without even thinking hard about it.

You could just go on Amazon and buy a CD recorder brand new, record the vinyl to that, then rip. Or you could just plug a modern turntable into the USB port on your computer and record it that way, or you could put an SD card bought from the supermarket into a turntable with an SD card feature then plug that into any laptop that has a reader or failing that USB, or you could be really cool and get a turntable that also has a CD recorder built in.

Or you could be cooler and buy a MD recorder, get some blank minidiscs off amazon and record direct to that.

Or you could forgo the MD option and remain cool by recording to cassette tape and walking around with a walkman, all of which are available brand new off Amazon.

Hmm Amazon seem to be popping up a lot. No wonder the UK high street is failing.

Time for second breakfast...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon