Reply to post: Re: The worst my Garmin has ever done

Fun fact: GPS uses 10 bits to store the week. That means it runs out... oh heck – April 6, 2019

Stevie

Re: The worst my Garmin has ever done

I had that happen just last week. I was heading up 192 in Kissimmee Fl trying to get to Coliseum of Comics. I was about a quater mile from having to make the U-Turn and pull into the car park when the until-then Trusty Garmin ordered us to make a left now. Intrigued, we did.

At one point on the single track road we saw a sign "Road Narrows".

"Where do you keep this GPS?" I asked, after we had finished laughing hysterically.

My wife said "Next to the old TomTom".

"Well there you go! The bloody TomTom has infected the Garmin with Stupid Route Syndrome!" I yelled.

We navigated the chicane with one wheel in each roadside ditch, and drove slowly past what looked like a Buddhist commune c/w outbuildings gilded to eyewatering levels. As more statuary and architecture became apparent we became less sure of the Buddhist attribution and entertained the possibililty of vile cultists a-la HP Lovecraft.

Eventually we reached the place we wanted to be after a needless diversion through banjo-player country, swamps and non-euclidean architecture. The route had, I estimated, cost us at least ten minutes.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon