Reply to post: Re: Tried Libre about 3 weeks ago....

LibreOffice patches malicious code-execution bug, Apache OpenOffice – wait for it, wait for it – doesn't

luminous

Re: Tried Libre about 3 weeks ago....

There were few graphic elements (a tweet screenshot, an Office 365 calendar invite, a MacOS settings window) but it was certainly easier to read broken up into my own text annotations followed by screenshots. Of course I know that it would be easy to change the content of an email screenshot, but it does look more legitimate to the average client as a screenshot rather than just endless lines of text that can easily be edited my anyone. It's also a lot easier to read.

There's still no excuse for compressing imported images so much; it's not like we are loading 20 floppy disk drives in to do one task anymore; we all have plenty of storage.

LibreOffice handles the importing of text fine, but it's when you come to colours (they are completely different), page layouts, overlapping elements that it fails in being able to import. For example a client recently sent me a multi-coloured word document that would be the homepage of their website where the colours have to be exactly right.

The situation is far from ideal but you just end up using the software that best equips you personally to get your own job done.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon