Reply to post: Re: Tried Libre about 3 weeks ago....

LibreOffice patches malicious code-execution bug, Apache OpenOffice – wait for it, wait for it – doesn't

luminous

Re: Tried Libre about 3 weeks ago....

Because I was making a report which was referencing emails and it's much easier if everything is in chronological order instead of constantly referring back to other pages.

I did use the Windows snipping tool (and only selected the emails). When importing them into LibreOffice they get so heavily compressed that they become illegible. I mean this is basic stuff that should work out of the box.

I'd also become frustrated with incompatibility with LibreOffice and documents that I was sent. It would be great if they all talked to each other and used roughly the same specs but they don't and I get that that is mostly Microsoft's fault. That being said, I just need to get work done, and in this particular case it was very urgent. I didn't have the time to file a bug report and wait to see if someone might fix it in a future release, and all my clients use Office or Pages. I don't have a single one on LibreOffice.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon