Reply to post:

European Commission orders mass recall of creepy, leaky child-tracking smartwatch

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

FozzyBear commemted:

"All of these options cannot replace you putting down your smartphone, tablet, xbox or playstation. Going outside and spending time with your children. Sort of like what parents did in the olden days. If you are too lazy to even think about this, or it terrifies you, why did you have kids in the first place?

The world doesn't need a whole generation of kids that were raised without parental involvement."

Your comment is very "Daily Mail" in it's nature.

... I'm in my 40s and can quite categorically say my parents didn't do this and I was left to my own devices - had a Commodore 64 to code, Amiga to play and Raleigh bikes to ride. I had technology - pretty much like the modern child now has a tablet or smartphone. I do spend time with my children outside and they are very active. I also take care to warn them of Internet dangers, show them how to be safe online and accept that I won't block them from something that they enjoy but show them how to be responsible and safe.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon