Reply to post: Not TSB

Tedious Service Bulletin: No prizes for guessing which UK bank's services are DOWN for business users

Hans 1
Boffin

Not TSB

I am leaving my bank, they used to be good. No, no TITSUP, just ... they have become un-contactable, they no longer reply to emails, they do not answer the phone, the only way is to head to the branch ... what is the bloody point.

Worse, when I opened my main account at the branch, I was offered an account at a "partner bank", they work so closely, I was told, they are one ... they did ask for 90 euros payment towards some fund that you get refunded should you leave, because it is some cooperative bank, all customers own at least a tiny share of the bank ... anyway, I have not received answers to my emails for 3 months, nor do they answer calls ... so I decide to close my accounts, obviously had to book an appointment at the branch for that as my email requesting the closures had not been read.

At the meeting, I say I want to close all my accounts, hand over my payment cards etc, request the monies to be put into another account, she asks which account, I say "in the email I sent you in December, maybe ?" She searches for quite a few minutes, finds the email and goes on mumbling why she had not complied.

I ask for the 90 euros back ... to which the clerk said: "Well, you can either give it to [redacted] (as in, do not ask for a refund) or you will have to contact [redacted] for that and I do not have their address, you can look it up on the internet."

For years, absolutely no problems at all, now, this ... well, at least their migration last year went well, even though all the account history vanished, my identifiers changed, and I could access my account without the card reader (bad) ... anyway ... another bank will be another load of crap ... if only I could live without these suckers, all they ever do is cost you for sod all service ...

PS: I transferred most of my funds to another bank last year because they offered better options, which may explain the shit above.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon