Reply to post: Re: Will no one rid me of this turbulent pest?

Furious Apple revokes Facebook's enty app cert after Zuck's crew abused it to slurp private data

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Will no one rid me of this turbulent pest?

facebook-q4-2018-earnings-user-growth-revenue-increase-privacy-scandals

The fundamental problem for society of both Zuckbook and Google's business model (and for that matter, the shitbag credit rating companies), is that the companies who pay them for their slurped data do not have their brands associated by the public with the rank maplractice of those companies. Until the funding is cut off, none of these companies will change their culture.

Most users know there's something dodgy about these companies, but don't understand or don't care how it affects them. When did your non-IT relatives ever do a subject access request to find out what these companies have on them, and look through the vast volumes and question whether this was a fair exchange?

So the vast majority don't fully understand the problem, and then they don't actively hold to account those companies whose adverts they get force-fed. I do. Maybe you do. But we're part of a moderately informed, technically savvy group that is what, 1% of the population.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon