Reply to post: Re: Dyson

Straight outta Blighty: Readers, if you were a tech billionaire, what would you do?

Michael Wojcik Silver badge

Re: Dyson

Priced right, yes; but that says nothing about whether they are good value for the money.

Personally, I'll never buy a Dyson product, because 1) their advertisements for their bullshit fan are full of bullshit, to the point of outright fraud, in my opinion; and 2) every time I see one of their advertisements I want to punch him in his smug, self-indulgent face.

There are few corporate personalities who can evoke that sort of response from me. Gates, Balmer, and SatNad didn't, even when I was at Peak Microsoft Hatred (which I'm close to hitting again, thanks to Win10). Steve Jobs was a supreme bullshit artist, and I avoided his presentations like the plague, but they didn't get me that worked up. Elizabeth Holmes was patently a con artist who attracted hagiography from nitwit business-press writers, and I was glad to see her found out, but if I'd met her I'd just have shaken my head.

Dyson, though. Argh.

Fortunately, I have the option of not purchasing his firm's products. Sometimes capitalism is quite nice.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon