Reply to post: Affected my day

Office 365 enjoys good old-fashioned Thursday wobble as email teeters over in Europe

ICPurvis47
Flame

Affected my day

This outage affected my day badly too, and I don't even use O365 or the cloud. I was trying to arrange (and pay for) the delivery and connection of a washing machine, but the insurance company could not work due to not having O365 up, so they referred me to the manufacturer. They were experiencing difficulties also, so they referred me to the warehousing company, who also (you guessed it) could not function, and referred me on down the chain. In all I spent over an hour on the phone to six different companies down the supply chain before eventually being referred back to the original insurers. They took the details and promised to ring me back before end of business day to tell me whether they had managed to arrange the delivery. This they eventually did, so I could pay up and relax. O365's unreliability doesn't only affect its users, it has a wider impact on the end customer, like myself, who wouldn't touch it with a bargepole in my own business' dealings, but was forced in this case to waste over an hour chasing something which should have taken less than five minutes.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon