Reply to post: At least they were being realistic

Fake broadband ISP support scammers accidentally cough up IP address to Deadpool in card phish gone wrong

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

At least they were being realistic

Having been biffed by a street yob in Merrie Olde London Towne I staunched the bleeding and phoned the cops. Sympathetic voice declared their fathomless zeal for apprehending malefactors and told me someone would pop around shortly to interview, collect evidence, no need for me to go to station. So I cleaned up the worst of it and stayed put, rigorously sober for a good presentation of my recollections, etc. Some four hours later, now the wrong side of midnight, a call came back: "we're just a wee bit busy, sorry you're still waiting, maybe you could drop into the station to give a report?". Local station was of course by then closed for the night so I finally crawled off to bed and frittered away the next morning making the report. A few weeks later came a form letter declaring how sorry London Met was that I'd been the victim of assault, here's a list of support organisations, etc.

So fuck-all happened, except some metrics about contacting the victim were met. An honest prognosis at the outset would have been more useful.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon