Reply to post: "Thin&Light" means Piece Of Shit.

Stage fright or Stage light? Depends how far you dare to open your MacBook Pro's lid

Shadow Systems
FAIL

"Thin&Light" means Piece Of Shit.

You "cut out the fat" with a chainsaw & extreme prejudice, you rip out all the important bits & expect us to use dongles to put their functionality back, all while charging exponentially more for the "priveledge" of owning a machine that'll drop dead femptoseconds after the warranty expires.

Fuck that & fuck you. We shouldn't have to carry a port replicator dock or a zillion dongles in a bag in order to get back the functions you hacked out like a butcher on a murder spree, ESPECIALLY NOT if you then charge us for said dongles, port replication docks, & devices to restore said functionality.

"Hey! We included TWO USB Type C ports, one for charging & the other for the dock, so what are you bitching about?"

How about the loss of the headphone jack, the wired LAN port, the full sized DP/HDMI ports, full sized USB Type A ports, & a battery with enough oomph to last more than the time it takes to board the train to get to work? You know, USEFUL stuff we need to Get Shit Done?

Yes I know a T&L device is not for me, that I'm not the target market, but I shouldn't have to pay extra to GET those ports via a "desktop replacement" or "mobile workstation" grade machine either. T&L is no longer the version you have to look for, it's everything ELSE you have to shove them aside to find at all. And THAT is true bullshit.

Dear Manufacturers, some folks actually need a machine that has fans & the thermal exhaust capabilities to allow the internals to run at or near full speed without getting throttled into oblivion; we need the ports to connect the things we use the laptop for in order to Get Shit Done, & a port replicator or docking station isn't the answer; and we need it to be repairable so when (not if) stuff breaks we can actually, y'know, get the broken bits replaced. Gluing it into a single slab is the exact OPPOSITE of that desire. Stop churning out T&L pieces of shit & get back to producing actual, useable, useful, REAL laptops that let us Get Shit Done!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon