Reply to post: Re: FYI

Oxford University reportedly turns off its Huawei money tap

YetAnotherJoeBlow

Re: FYI

"So yes, when you have something real to report from your reverse engineers let us all see it, until then this is nonsense. I somehow doubt we'll hear back from you. Although I must admit I'm really impressed by your technical prowess. Getting Wireshark to tell you not what is on your LAN, but what is going out the 3G side of a 3G modem. That's quite some feat..."

What are you on about? I am not talking about the connection from my modem to the tower only the tcp/ip protocol conveyed to it from my network.

Wireshark did not tell me what was on my lan, I have my networks separated by firewalls and they log dropped packets. These are internal networks and the dropped packets stand out like a sore thumb (The machine I was talking about wasn't allowed in my other networks.)

Your comment is telling, I come across your kind a lot. That's why people hire me. That's why I've been consulting for over 30 years, and that is why they pay me to solve problems that you cannot - but you do now how to complain I'll bet...

For the record I never said Huawei was the culprit - or anyone else for that matter. I just relayed what I observed. Some people might want to look at their setups is all.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon