Reply to post:

FCC: Oh no, deary me. What a shame. Too bad, so sad we can't do net neutrality appeal during the US govt shutdown

OopsSorryMyBad...

"... but only if President Trump ends the deadlock."

A partial lie. An untruth if you will. Trump can indeed end the deadlock, but, so can the demo-rats in Congress. However, I would expect nothing but the above quote from our esteemed reporter in San Francisco.

The world is not going to end if this appeal is delayed a bit. Be honest, the FCC only implemented "net neutrality" at the behest of the Obama administration. Before that it was pretty much hands-off. For better or worse, depends on who you ask. My personal belief is that the "pipe providers" shouldn't be allowed to be "content providers". A company can be either one or the other, but not both. As far as I can see, implement that simple rule and the problem will sort itself out.

Now, Pelosi wanted a free (or at least very cheap) ride on a military aircraft. It's well within Trump's authority to say "no". Besides, she's one of the richest women in the US and can easily afford to pay for the flight herself. Which she most certainly has the right to do. She just wants to pitch a public fit. An extension, if you will, of the tantrum they've been throwing ever since they lost the presidential election. Sort of like what some accuse Trump of doing. If the reporting were honest, they'd point this out. But, you know, San Francisco...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon