Reply to post: Re: Sadly with May running the clock down...

Brexit-dodging SCISYS Brits find Galileo joy in Dublin

John Mangan

Re: Sadly with May running the clock down...

@DJO - No, I don't think the civil unrest will just be 'violent far-right thugs'.

I've spoken to a lot of leavers over the last two years. Yes, there are some blinkered "La-La I can't hear you, Project Fear. sovereignty above all else" types who can't or won't engage with any rational discussion but there are many who have more complex reasons that this for wanting to leave and they will feel that they have been ignored and cheated - and to an extent they would be right. There were reprted to be 700,000 attendees to the "People's March". I suspect that the resentment of a non-Brexit could bring even more out.

Polls have shown that there hasn't been a large shift in the voters on the Remain or Leave side since the referendum. The only significant shift has been the "Don't Knows" who have moved more strongly towards Remain than Leave but it still isn't clear that that would change the result if there was a "People's Vote".

That's why I opined that there were no 'good' options left. And as somebody else commented "This is a Critical Defect". Amen.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon