Reply to post: Re: @codejunky A minority

Space policy boffin: Blighty can't just ctrl-C, ctrl-V plans for Galileo into its Brexit satellite

codejunky Silver badge

Re: @codejunky A minority

@ sed gawk

"What I actually said was"

Avatar of They - minority vote to leave

Me - In what world is a majority vote a minority?

You - A world in which less than fifty percent of the population who were eligible to vote, voted on an advisory basis

So I corrected someones big mistake, you misunderstood the difference between population and voter, we continue. Feel free to put your own spin on that.

"thereby making it clear what I meant.."

Of course if you may have intended to mean something completely different and entirely irrelevant (comparing apples and oranges, or in this case population and voters).

"Again, people don't vote in G.E. for single issue parties, hence the dismal performance of UKIP"

Actually UKIP did stunning in the election Cameron won by offering a referendum to the population. Libs actually made it into government at all on their promise of tuition free uni.

"I made no such claim, I clarified that I meant you needed to study the subject as your conclusion is demonstrably erroneous, take that as you will."

Ok. So you assume I need an education on the subject which again is your assumption and again I take that as you saying I need an education on the subject. And still am not impressed with your contribution so far. Also I was amused at your mock 'for shame' crap playing the poor victim.

"My opinion is that the .gov in this country is more of a threat to me than the EU28."

Ok. I still wont even take issue with that for the moment. That still doesnt change a majority vote to leave, we should leave, the EU is not roses at all and sticking an incompetent government on top of ours (however bad you want to call it and feel free) does not make anything better. I didnt even defend damage done to this country by our own governments (that you mentioned) only to point out some of the same by the EU gov already.

"made my small business able to protect itself from larger business"

Congrats. And again I mean that. There are always winners and losers in change, and still you said you are fine in or out (which again congrats). Just because you are sitting pretty doesnt mean everyone else is or that people believe this is the best we can have (3 votes so far).

"I not despite the slander"

Please stop crying victim. You wanted to know why you couldnt vote a ducking stool and it be implemented (I explained voting throughout my response to you). Next you said I needed to educate myself after amusingly claiming no benefit to brexit and telling me how I was used (again I explained voting, corrected your statement on FOM, returned your cheap shot with 'selling the UK' to make my point and asked why I should take just your word there are zero benefits). You cried slander with 'for shame' and moaning about 'cheap shots' (HA) and try to rewrite how I need to educate myself to I need to educate myself (I am supposed to take that differently?) and you again now moan the same. Dont dish what you cannot take. Do not discuss if your gonna just cry victim. This is a comment board, expect comments that dont agree with you and serve back.

"you've blusters but not offered any benefit of being out of the EU yet.."

You might have missed it but in the last response to you I said- "Go on lets discuss- economic, democratic, economy, trade, sovereignty. Your choice."

Dont complain I havnt offered anything when I am first giving you the opportunity to choose the topic.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon