Reply to post: Re: AND...

It's all a matter of time: Super-chill atomic clock could sniff gravitational waves, dark matter

StargateSg7

Re: AND...

You actually hinted at HOW the actual gain over current atmospheric and multi-path distortions will occur, because by adding in EXTRA signal "ECC frames/packets" that are used as REFERENCES, they could be compared to an saved-internal-to-phone IDEAL ECC frame/packst signal and those HIGHLY accurate time and phase difference between the IDEAL reference signal and the one stored in the phone could tell you how much general distortion and multi-path is taking place within your current signal environment.

That ALLOWS you to figure out how much the QAM "place-points" are distorted from what should be ideal locations. You're STILL going to get an ENORMOUS bandwidth increase because the distortions are compensated for. An RF researcher in the 1970's from Simon Fraser University in Canada PIONEERED the use of PRE-DISTORTION to figure out how irregular signals were actually distorted from an ideal signal and how such signals could be compensated-for at the reception side.

https://www.edn.com/design/analog/4369663/RF-predistortion-straightens-out-your-signals

ALL modern mobile devices use his pioneering 1970's era research AND with a better, more accurate clock your digital signal pre-distortion and UNdistortion system is able to more effectively figure out HOW to compensate for time and phase distortions allowing QAM symbols to be spaced closer together and allowing MORE symbols within the QAM schema which give you much greater bandwidth.

AND YES I ran it through with one of our RF engineers and he sat me down to tell me this is "Old News" and that QAM symbology recognition techniques in current development WILL allow for OVER one million symbols per RF digital modulation set with higher resolution clocks. And it seems MUCH RESEARCH has ALREADY been done in this area on using more accurate clocks, which is WHY Wifi 802.99x and 6G will be on the order of TERABITS per second bandwidths!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon