Reply to post: Re: Drivers?

Groundhog Day comes early as Intel Display Drivers give Windows 10 the silent treatment

Shadow Systems

Re: Drivers?

I'm not entirely sure if you were merely being (rightfully) snarky or what, but you're too close to being on the mark.

I'm using an Intel NextUnitOfComputing (NUC). It is *entirely* Intel chipsets from audio, video, wireless, LAN, HDD/SSD, mobo, *everything*. I read other tech fora dedicated to doing interesting things with a NUC including keeping it running in the face of Win10 shitty updates. MS can't even get an entirely Intel based machines drivers right! I *might* accept some brand x generic mobo by some 99thParty maker that used such dodgy chipsets that even the manufacturer couldn't write working drivers for the bloody thing, but this is *Intel* we're talking about. FFF MS & Intel have been in bed together so long the duolopy is known as "Wintel" for a very good reason. And MS can't even get proper drivers working for their bed buddy.

At what point does a regular Joe Average on the street simply throw up his hands & say "ENOUGH!"? If MS can't even keep a *NUC* working then there's SFA hope for "obscure" makers like Alienware, Asus, Dell, HP, Lenovo, & others.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon