Reply to post: Re: JS - just for a change

Talk about a cache flow problem: This JavaScript can snoop on other browser tabs to work out what you're visiting

bombastic bob Silver badge
Devil

Re: JS - just for a change

"problem is most sites which "rely on JS", use it for functionality that could be achieved without JS"

The WORST ones send back an error from nginx - some CDN out there uses javascript to load their pages, and when the load/redirect (via script) fails, you see that 'FORBIDDEN' error from nginx.

It's a filter that KEEPS ME FROM USING THAT WEB SITE. I'll go elsewhere, and flame them every chance I can, for doing that. [if it's a web site rental, I'll ask the owner nicely to use a different service provider, with a nice easily understood explanation as to why]

/me considers a javascript in some of my pages that loads the "you are an idiot" flash, infinite instances of it. So if script is OFF, you are fine. If you enable it, "you are an idiot, ha ha-ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haaa!" with a rapidly growing number of instances filling your screen. It'd also be an 'idiot detector' for people who still have flash player enabled.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon