Reply to post: Re: We only have her word for it

Oracle sued by app sales rep: I made tens of millions for Larry, then fired for being neither young nor male – claim

Alien8n

Re: We only have her word for it

@boltar

"Its open and shut if you believe what she says. Where is the proof she was successful? Companies don't generally fire people who are making them money just because they're A) A women or B) old. That would be corporate suicide."

The proof that she was successful will be held in Oracle's financial records. Records the courts will be able to gain access to. Which they will then be able to compare to the records of the other team members, to determine for themselves whether or not she was more successful than her other team members.

From the number of names listed (25 according to the article) it sounds like quite a large team. Knowing quite a few sales people myself (we do sell things where I work) I'd find it highly unusual that both of the bottom 2 worst performing members of the team just happened to be the 2 women on the team. Again, her claims will be very easily verifiable in court.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon