Reply to post: Re: It ain't all about poor cities and states

Six lawsuits against FCC's 5G idiocy – that $2bn windfall for telcos – is bundled into one appeals court sueball

bombastic bob Silver badge
Devil

Re: It ain't all about poor cities and states

you should've been around when I-280 and I-680 were not yet connected - and the "highway to nowhere". Gummint incompetence at its finest!!! The 101 entry at Story road was a major detour cluster-blank for YEARS, unnecessarily so, because of gummint funds mis-used "that way" as usual... and those partial bridges stuck up in the air, really high, visible from everywhere, incomplete, and not being worked on at ALL for YEARS!!!

So, back in the mid 70's, a San Jose city councilman got a crane to put a car up there as a joke, and political stunt. A couple of years ago they officially named the interchange after him. Who knew?

I looked for a photo of "stonehenge II" (what it was often called) aka "highway to nowhere" with the car on top of that one section. Also according to an article, the city councilman received a traffic ticket from a highway patrol officer, for parking on a freeway.

"Damage Done", then governor Jerry Brown [yes, THAT Jerry Brown] was forced to eat his own incompetence and do something about it. Heh.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon