Reply to post: ROFL!

Tata on trial: Outsourcer 'discriminated' against non-Asian workers, claim American staff

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

ROFL!

Our customers expect TCS to provide world-class talent for their technology needs.

Given my experience with other Indian body shops, the 'Talent' is very much lacking.

Once these companies get a foot in the door they promise the PHB's the earth. Then the permies get TUPE'd over to the outsourcer and once the TUPE period is over they try to re-employ them on Indian rates (around 50% of what they were getting before) so they leave in droves and that allows the outsourcer to employ more people from India after complaining to the PHB's that they can't get the local staff with the right experience. Yeah right.

Slowly they expand their influence inside the company so that by the time the senior management wakes up to the fact that their systems are crap and they can't deliver the service they had before, it is too late.

Rinse and repeat. Happened to me twice in the last 10 years.

Still, I did get a good bit of consultancy work from one of my former employers who hired me back to fix some of the problems. The original outsourcer was shown the door and replaced with another Indian company who once again promised the earth. I took my cue and left and got employment in another field entirely. That former employer has since gone to the wall. One of the reasons was that their IT was unable to perform when needed.

I've since retired so it no longer matters but I hope that this is a word of warning to non Asians in UK IT departments. India is coming for your job.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon