Reply to post: Yep my android updates last night

Android fans get fat November security patch bundle – if the networks or mobe makers are kind enough to let 'em have it

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Yep my android updates last night

We have also already discredited this claim of this year old device not getting updates in the past, with a link to the OTA when the model number was mentioned, it seems you now prefer to carry on spreading this bullshit without mentioning the make model.

I also note that you didn't report the new OEM Android agreement that OEMs has to sign to continue to ship Google Play services, that means they have to ship patches within 90 days of Google and 4 a year.

Also of note is the lack of mention of Android Enterprise, with over 100 devices all commited to 3 years of support, again patches within 90 days of Google and at least 1 full version upgrade.

Nor was it mentioned that a non Google OEM released their November 2018 patch a few hours after Google, or that Oreo and Pie devices are getting their patches very promptly these days after the large architectural changes that went on on Android 8.

Can anyone smell clickbait???

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon