Reply to post: Re: At least is isnt oracle or M$

Official: IBM to gobble Red Hat for $34bn – yes, the enterprise Linux biz

bombastic bob Silver badge
Meh

Re: At least is isnt oracle or M$

If it were Micro-shaft, we could look forward to the 'Extinguish' part of 'Embrace, Extend, Extinguish, *EX-TER-MIN-ATE*' in a short period of time.

IBM is likely to put something into RH that they didn't have before: CASH

They are also likely to REMOVE some of the more irritating 'cultural' things, maybe even systemd and (on its way to becoming, if Ubuntu is any indication) 2D FLATSO gnome 3 [I still have hope!]

I can also see the possibility of IBM seriously considering a GENERAL USE LINUX DESKTOP to compete with Micro-shaft, even if it's only out of spite over the OS/2 vs Windows thing.

Too many people assume that "corporation" equals EVIL. You forget that you most likely work FOR a corporation, and that a corporation is PEOPLE. Many of those people have retirement funds with stock portfolios that include those "evil" corporations. Although some of them (Micro-shaft, Google, etc.) may be engaging in questionable and/or outright ILLEGAL and IMMORAL behaviors and policies, it's the people running the place, not the corporation itself, that are *EVIL*.

I am actually pretty happy IBM is doing this. I see it as a move in the right direction for Linux.

Imagine what could happen if GOOGLE purchased RH...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon