Reply to post: Re: Tea

On the first day of Christmas my true love gave me tea... pigs-in-blankets-flavoured tea

I ain't Spartacus Gold badge
Devil

Re: Tea

>It can only be drunk with milk (sugar optional) or, if you're European, lemon.

Lemon tea is delicious, and I'll fight anyone who says different. Earl Grey should be drunk black, although I suppose Lady Grey is a thing, so maybe lemon can be allowed for that too.

But in fact all tea should be drunk black. You completely bugger up something delicate and delicious like Darjeeling by dumping cow juice in it. I did used to take milk, so it's fine if you want it in a normal "breakfast tea" type of blend.

But green tea is also nice, jasmine being even nicer. White tea on the other hand you can leave right out. I also like fruit teas, and I think variety in everything is fine, so long as nothing is allowed to crowd out the proper cuppa.

However I think we should all form an alliance and destroy the poncy so-and-so's who drink hot water with nothing in it. I'm sure they're only doing it to show off, and should thus be roundly mocked, if not actually boiled alive and decanted into mugs - as a warning to numbskulls.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon