Reply to post: Christmas is essentially Page 71 of the Brand New Monty Python Bok

On the first day of Christmas my true love gave me tea... pigs-in-blankets-flavoured tea

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Christmas is essentially Page 71 of the Brand New Monty Python Bok

Companies who start "Christmas" in early October (or even late September) are a large part of the reason I've grown to hate it.

Boots, for example, already had festive-themed sandwiches on sale last week (i.e. early October, barely a month past the end of summer). In that case, they can't even use the excuse that people might want to do their shopping in advance.

Christmas has become the obnoxious attention whore that spreads itself across the final three months of the year, doing its best to ruin the pleasure of a nice autumn, promising the earth for three months then consistently failing to deliver anything more than the usual anticlimactic shite that didn't come close to warranting the endless hype (because realistically, what *could*- especially as by that point you're sick of it?).

And then nine months later the cycle starts all over again, whether you like having it shoved in your face or not.

No apologies or self-deprecating "humbug" comments- I fucking despise this.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon