Reply to post:

AI trained to sniff out fake news online may itself be fake news: Bot has mixed results in classifying legit titles

DCFusor

Ah, yes, the self-referential eternal golden braid. As another old coot who has happened to be at quite a number of events later reported on (or hidden on a back page) by media....it's all pretty much fake, if it bleeds it leads, if if doesn't bleed enough, make something up.

I've seen photogs take pix of a "rescue worker hero" giving CPR to a woman dead for 45 minutes in an auto crash I witnessed...and published on the front page. Partisan events...don't even go there. Plenty of outright lies to sell ads, not even getting into the partisan "make up your own reality" baloney where the biggest lie is that if the other side is wrong, yours is right - what a load of dingo's kidneys (to quote the other Doug). Since you have no meaningful input to who is chosen to represent a "side" or indeed what "sides" there are...It's been a long time since I've run into anyone who thinks any of the sides represent them whatever. Only oligarchs/$BIGCORP are represented anymore.

How about all the partisans who say they want to pick "those other guy's pockets" to give you what you want - till you figure out there ARE NO OTHER GUYS - it'll all connected and as Akbar said "it's a trap".

If you've seen the wheel turn a few times, it's obvious. Sad to watch so many newcomers get fooled and ripped off...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2021