Reply to post:

Convenient switch hides an inconvenient truth

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Found similar here. If it wasn't unauthorised laser printers blowing the 3A desk sockets, it's menopausal women with fan heaters under the desk. We re-desked one floor and found most 4 gangs had 1, some 2 blown sockets. Maplin made a small fortune in selling fuses to us that day. Later office refits used 5A sockets.

My favourite was a couple of years ago. With a predicted Snowpocalyse on the way, some bright spark manager in social services bypasses proper procurement processes and purchased 100+ fan heaters from the stationary supplier, which were delivered on a pallet. Next morning, just after 10am the power goes off to the entire building, lights stay on. Facilities investigate and a circuit breaker has tripped. Power stays back on for 5 minutes, then it trips and goes off again. Rinse and repeat. Finally facilities cotton on there might be a load issue, go walkabout and spot the offending items on the social services floor. Stern email sent out mid afternoon, all fan heaters are confiscated throughout the buildings. Much complaining from middle aged women ensues.

At least the servers and networks stayed up!

AC cause I want to keep my job! ;)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon