Reply to post: Re: What I have learned from reading the comments section on El Reg

Mac users get to join the OneDrive Files On-Demand festivities

Lee D Silver badge

Re: What I have learned from reading the comments section on El Reg

Not what I see.

There's a ton of (justifiable) Apple hate on here too.

Microsoft are pretty "meh" nowadays - they're just software, and the XBox. Their global monopoly influence has been reduced to the core OS and office suite. Everything else is secondary, and it shows in their hardware offerings and purchases (e.g. Windows Phone, Nokia, etc.). And Windows Server is undeniably pretty decent at all the things you want a server to do nowadays. Sorry, but it is. And I spent the 90/00's on Linux almost exclusively. Not saying it's perfect, but it's incredibly manageable and very powerful and stable.

Apple, in comparison, just can't get much right at all. I've never seen anything I consider a "good" Apple product. There isn't a single Apple product on the market that I wouldn't rather have the equivalent money for. You couldn't "give them away" to me... I'd just sell them, buy an equivalent and pocket the difference. I'm far from the only one on here like that.

That's why we may mock, but we really don't care that Apple don't talk to The Reg. It honestly makes no difference to me.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon