Re: In the current environment, women are too much of a business risk..
@AC - "Given that women
* Work less hours on average
* Get sick more often
* Take more leave days overall
* Are the overwhelming majority of sexual harassment complainants
* In manual labour jobs, get injured more seriously, more often
* Are the majority of OHS complainants
* Are more likely to leave after having kids, and never come back.
Why WOULD you hire them?"
Even if your claims are true, it doesn't mean that a woman's productivity is any worse than a man's. If they work fewer hours, they get paid for fewer hours, and might be producing more because of less fatigue. Someone who complains about OHS might be reducing your overall injury rate and associated costs compared to people who put up with a dangerous situation. And leaving to have kids sounds like a positive advantage to employers who want to fire their expensive, experienced staff and replace with cheaper new hires: age discrimination by the back door.