Reply to post: Re: Almost...

Security procedures are good – follow them and you get to keep your job

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Almost...

I live near to the North Circular Rd. (London). I watch idiots speed along in the 50MPH* average speed check zone, approaching some complex junctions and bends. The cameras don't deter them. Probably because no one believes these are working. Neither do I. I once did a back of the envelope calculation of how much TfL would make in fines if they were.

Since it's a constant stream of vehicles over at least two lanes the sums were incredible. As in being able to provide free bus travel for all. Just from that one section.

*Some must be doing almost 100. Most are well over 50mph and when I drive along there in the left lane at 50** sometimes they zoom past me and vanish off into the distance.

**I got caught once doing just below 45 in a 40 zone coming into Borehwood. At night, in a relatively deserted stretch. It still annoys me that they can get away with insane speeding where I live, in a known accident zone when it's busy. But I had to pay all that money and go on a course for being a tad over the speed limit on a deserted road late at night!!!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon