Reply to post: Re: Poor Jeff is so right, nobody takes his leftist hate pamflet seriously anymore

Trump shouldn't criticise the news media, says Amazon's Jeff Bezos

P. Lee

Re: Poor Jeff is so right, nobody takes his leftist hate pamflet seriously anymore

>That is nuts

I see you didn't reference the Washington Post article itself anywhere, so let me help:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/another-hurricane-is-about-to-batter-our-coast-trump-is-complicit/2018/09/11/ccaed766-b5fb-11e8-a7b5-adaaa5b2a57f_story.html?utm_term=.282d4a31ff26

The actual headline is: "Another hurricane is about to batter our coast. Trump is complicit."

Given the meaning of the word "complicit," I would suggest that the above headline does indeed imply Trump is responsible for the hurricane. Unless of course, they are talking about two completely different things and have then put them side by side to create an illusion. Surely they wouldn't be that disingenuous, would they?

Regardless of what the article might say, it is pretty difficult to suggest they aren't trying to assign some responsibility for hurricanes to Trump. Even if you agree that "He plays down humans’ role in increasing the risks, and he continues to dismantle efforts to address those risks" and you totally agree with the most alarming AGW predictions, I'm not sure that the last two years over-rides everything that has happened since the industrial revolution began. But maybe it does, maybe he is the evil god of hurricanes.

When your newspaper headlines make concerns about chemicals turning the frogs gay look sane, I think it is safe to say it isn't the president who is shredding the reputation of the mainstream media.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon