Reply to post: A Large Govt IT Project....

First it was hashtags – now Amber Rudd gives us Brits knowledge on national ID cards

GruntyMcPugh Silver badge

A Large Govt IT Project....

... tell me MS Rudd,... how successful are the Govt at getting large IT projects delivered?

How accurate is the data in the current databases? If these are merged, how can I be sure I'm not getting a different Grunty McPugh's history attached to mine? Do I get to see all of, and object to any records I think are inaccurate? Who else gets to see the data,.... I mean, the agencies listed under RIPA is hardly exclusive, it's pretty much the world + dog. How much does the card cost me, and do I need to get someone trustworthy to countersign my application, like a Dr, Justice of the Peace, or Lord of the Manor, like it is for passports, and are the self-employed, sole traders or those working from home/residential address disbarred from acting as referees, as per the 'CitizenCard' ?

I'm glad to hear it might not be a physical card, because, you know, we kind of had that before, when NI numbers were sent out on spiffy little cards, but that was abandoned, as it was deemed to too expensive,..

NHS ID,... right you are, I know mine by heart,... except the one I know is the old format five alpha three numeric,...I was never sent my 10 digit, 3-3-4 new NHS number,.. but then, I didn't care, because: "You don't need to know your NHS Number to receive care, and you shouldn't be denied care on the basis you do not know, or do not have, an NHS Number.",... so I'm guessing most people don't know theirs, nor care what it is.

Driving licenses and passports,.. well, both of these cost me money to obtain. What if someone cannot afford a National Identity Card? Will they be free therefore? If so, can you add tickboxes for 'is allowed out of the country' and is 'allowed to drive a car' (and possibly a road roller?) and refund me some moolah, cheers.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon