Reply to post: Re: "No homebrew" is NOT elitist

Spies still super upset they can't get at your encrypted comms data

bombastic bob Silver badge
Facepalm

Re: "No homebrew" is NOT elitist

"and even though I have complete confidence in my own ability to get it right, I also know how much of my time it would take to be certain that I got it right"

blah blah blah - sorry, I don't accept the *kinds* of statements that I would consider *toxic*. They are similar to:

"other, smarter people" "it's too difficult" "other people have tried and failed" "it will never work" "you don't have the skill set" "re-inventing the wheel" "wasting your time" "use what already exists" "it's been done before" "it's never been done before" ... on, and on, and on, the negativity, so negative!

How about something encouraging like: "Well, when it comes time to check your algorithm, make sure that [short description of mathematical algorithm or procedural test] does [whatever result you should get for good encryption]

Otherwise, it sounds like the usual negativity ninnies. Just sayin.

[and I'd be interested in what tests you WOULD recommend]

icon, because, I hear from negativity ninnies all of the time. It's irritating at the least. Why discourage those with enthusiasm? Instead, point them in a direction that's actually HELPFUL.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon