Reply to post: My email fun...

Prank 'Give me a raise!' email nearly lands sysadmin with dismissal

Shadow Systems

My email fun...

I was working for a small sized company at the time as one of the IT PFY's. The company had a policy of sending out happy birthday notices (think "reply to all" situations) to their employees on the Monday just prior to said event, thus giving all the other employees a chance to tell the birthday person "Happy Birthday!", leave a small gift at their desk, etc.

I slightly altered the mass email meant to announce mine so it included the line "<HypnoToadEyes>Bring me candy!</HypnoToadEyes>" in the hopes some of the others might bring me at least one of those tiny single serving packets of sweets.

I got the shock of a lifetime when I showed up on Tuesday to find my desk nearly *buried* under mounds of packets! They obviously got the hint.

I wound up filling a candy dish with all the poured-out sweets & sharing the bounty with my coworkers in thanks for the outpouring of happiness.

I hated having to leave when they went under, but the boss wrote me a glowing letter of rec to help me find new work elsewhere. =-J

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon