Reply to post: Re: I think I can define ClickBait as

Oi, clickbait cop bot, jam this in your neural net: Hot new AI threatens to DESTROY web journos

Jamie Jones Silver badge

Re: I think I can define ClickBait as

"Outbrain and tombola - sites I completely block in my firewall."

Until now I have never heard of those two sites. By the sound of it, hopefully I'll never hear about them again.

Arggh, despite Giovani giving the correct name, I cocked it up in my reply.

As he says, it's taboola not tombola

For completeness, here is my personally compiled list of similar clickbait sites. Of course, check them out before blocking them - some may be dead now, or may have cleaned up their act. More importantly, never trust random-person-on-internet-especially-when-hes-a-self-described-welsh-git!

# --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

# Kill these zones belonging to either deceptive ad companies, or crappy tacky 'content based'

# click-bait ad-servers, which generally link to a page that links to the link (along with

# others). They usually have a misleading sensationalist headline too. Kill them with fire!

.adhitz.com. domain

.adsmarket.com. domain

.adnxs.com. domain

.content.ad. domain

.content-ad.net. domain

.gravity.com. domain

.mgid.com. domain

.outbrain.com. domain

.zizu.xyz. domain .steepto.com. domain

.taboola.com. domain .tribalfusion.com. domain

.zergnet.com. domain

.revcontent.com. domain # This one even uses thumbnails of people irrelevant to the story! # --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon