Reply to post: What gets my goat...

Nah, it won't install: The return of the ad-blocker-blocker

Dacarlo
Thumb Down

What gets my goat...

...is the gigantic "We value your privacy"* popup that covers up the content until you tell it to feck off. That and the in your face button to "Enable all purposes" button followed by a ream of much smaller switch off this reason to rape your privacy buttons. I don't want to view the vendor list. No I don't want to see the list of companies. What I want is a giant feck off I don't accept or disable all purposes permanently. Sure I can click through all of the tiny buttons and view the page with impunity, however if I have the temerity to click on another page it loads up the same bullshit to click through a the list again. It's a tactic to wear you down so you eventually click sod it, enable all.

I even tried to use uBlock to remove these specific elements which appeared at first to work. Alas it also blocked the scroll bar, so I end up with a portion of the underlying page and no way to scroll.

The final solution is to simply not use sites that force-feed irritating content down your throat.

*Which is an even more gigantic lie. They're forced to pay lip-service by gdpr or something.

/rage

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon