Reply to post: Re: I was pro-remain, but this really is "Project Fear" at work.

I predict a riot: Amazon UK chief foresees 'civil unrest' for no-deal Brexit

Mooseman Silver badge

Re: I was pro-remain, but this really is "Project Fear" at work.

"And make no mistake, post-Brexit there will be a lot of hard work to rebuild. The big difference is that some of us can see far enough ahead to understand that the hard work could be worthwhile, even if remainer schadenfreude and EU vindictiveness makes it harder than it needs to be. Others just prefer to sit back and downvote anyone who actually wants to work for improvements."

Great, youre happy to impose economic hardship and possible break up of the union on the nation, largely on those who can least afford it, just to satisfy your 19th century views of plucky brits and dodgy foreigners? Work for improvements? in whose lifetime?

No, the EU isn't a perfect system, I dare you to name one that is - but running away and casting ourselves into an abyss of the unknown is not the action of a rational people. Most people commenting on here don't know how the eu works, you say. funny, most leave voters seem to think that there is a small group of nasty foreign types plotting to control our country at the same time as bribing industry to move abroad so we are ruined while AT THE SAME TIME expecting us to pay into the eu......logic doesn't even begin to enter the building let alone their heads.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon