Reply to post: Re: password reuse

Friday FYI: 9 out of 10 of website login attempts? Yeah, that'll be hackers

Martin an gof Silver badge

Re: password reuse

If you live in rural-ish Wales, the question young people will soon be asking is "What's a bank branch?"

Good point. We are fortunate that although we live in a rural-type area, it's only ten minutes by car (traffic permitting) from a reasonably-sized town (20-ish by bus*, 30 or 40 by bike), at which there are (if I have counted correctly) branches of nine banks and building societies. To get there, however, you have to pass through two smaller towns, neither of which has a single remaining bank, though both do have post offices / po counters which offer banking facilities.

Best of both worlds (lucky us), but I'm fully aware this isn't the case everywhere. I suppose that if your banking needs are reasonably simple, once you have got set up an online bank probably works very well but it does lack the empathy and experience of a "Real Person". There are still some things where speaking to someone face-to-face remains the best way of doing things.

M.

*this bus goes down the "main road" which is about a 10 minute walk from the actual hamlet where we live, there's one every 15 minutes at some times of day. There is a bus stop about 200 yards from the house, but that bus takes a complex circular route through several small villages and passes at three really odd and inconvenient times.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon