Reply to post: Re: overnight charging

Wearable hybrids prove the bloated smartwatch is one of Silly Valley's biggest mistakes

jelabarre59

Re: overnight charging

In the morning the Mrs. will sometimes ask how I slept. I usually don't know, because I was asleep. If I know the answer it's because I didn't sleep so good ( fortunately rarely). I also know what time I went to bed and what time it is when I wake up ( hint, alarm clock next to bed). Why would I need to wear a watch to tell me these things.

For those of us with (relatively) normal sleep patterns, not much need. However, it could be handy for people with various sleep disorders. Using an off-the-shelf product could make it more affordable to more people (although "affordable" has never been linked with the whole "smartwatch" ecosystem ever). This would also necessitate the ability to customize and install/uninstall the precise set of apps needed for the individual, and seeing the level of bloatware and useless crap shoved in pretty much EVERY "smartphone" out there, that isn't likely to happen. Bob forbid you should actually be in control of your OWN bought and paid for hardware.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon