Reply to post: And then go back to GMail...

They grow up so fast: Spam magnet Hotmail turned 22 today

steviebuk Silver badge

And then go back to GMail...

...or not. I've had a Hotmail account since time began. I've kept my @hotmail.com extension. I was using it before they forced everyone in the UK to an @hotmail.uk address. I still use my @hotmail.com address because it's more powerful than GMail. I've had to use GSuite in a company and can say confidently Gmail is shit. Some things are OK but it's still not as powerful as Outlook.com. But Outlook.com also isn't perfect.

I hadn't had spam in years as I put lots of filters in. But, a few years back quite a few started to get through from invalid address'. So you click on the e-mail to put it in the spam filter and Microsoft being so fucking clever would say "Unable to add to filter as this is an invalid e-mail address". Well if it was infuckingvalid, why did you let it through into my inbox. Tits. Has taken them several years to fix that issue.

I may now use a mix of both but still prefer and mostly use Outlook.com/Hotmail. I no longer work at the place that forced users onto GMail by scrapping Exchange so only really use Gmail to keep on top of how it works, in case I'm unfortunate enough to have to support it again.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon