Reply to post: cr-app

Android users: Are you ready for the great unbundling?

Anonymous Coward
Facepalm

cr-app

I tried FF last year and the thing I really liked was being able to start a song or 70-minute mix on Youtube and have it keep playing while I looked at another app or locked the screen. The YT app and the other browsers (admittedly only tried Chrome and the AOSP default "Browser" so far) stop the music. The reason I don't bother to install it again is that running a web browser or playing music are not things that my phone needs to be able to do.

OTOH, right now I have 2 phones with Lineage 14.1 (making it possible to read this article ITFP) and suddenly neither can make a phone call because the godforsaken app won't run. "Phone has stopped" over and over again, even after a full wipe and clean reinstall. Lineage 15.1 was officially released for one of them, and it never makes a data connection-- so I had to downgrade-- but it still makes calls. I had to reflash it just to call up my carrier and have them associate my SIM with the other IMEI so I could go back to the phone that worked a week ago-- and now it doesn't call either. I'm guessing I need to "wipe it harder", or maybe there's something obscure that changed in the SIM that's throwing it off. It's like it mutated into the perfect anti-modem: we used to have to use the phone line to get on the net, now my internet connection is terrible at making phone calls.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon