Reply to post: After the last childish outburst...

Oddly enough, when a Tesla accelerates at a barrier, someone dies: Autopilot report lands

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

After the last childish outburst...

..I might be hoping for some entertainment from the Musk who seems to have been descending into an overly defensive and emotive mindset. Indeed, a "bunker mentality".

Having said that, I temper my hopes for entertainment with the fact that somebody has died needlessly due (IMHO) to the ongoing over-promise and under-delivery of autonomous vehicles, and that even if Musk will man-up, accept responsibility and apologise, (1) I doubt he'll mean it, and (2) no amount of apologies will help the deceased, their family and friends.

A very sobering thought for all of us: Most of us don't work in roles where we potentially put human lives at risk. Park that for a moment, put yourself in the situation that your job does. Now extend that to the idea that you messed up, and somebody is dead because of the inadequacy of your efforts. How do you make good from that? I've worked for somebody who in a previous role was underground safety manager for a large, deep coal mine. He had multiple experiences of miners being killed, and having to tell the families that although he was the Underground Manager, their loved ones weren't coming home. His eyes were strangely soulless, almost like the shark in Jaws. I don't think that was the case before he did that job.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon