Reply to post:

SAP hopes to blow the doors off Salesforce with a block of C/4HANA

Rob 54

Wow a lot of SAP hate here :)

A few corrections...

HANA is actually something originally created by professor SangKyun Cha in Korea and not a MaxDB (MaxDB is poor) clone

The NetWever stack base language us ABAP not ABAB but there are a lot more movements in terms of using OData and Java etc depending on which SAP technology and product line you are talking about

With regards the general hate and comments, these are often based on valid concerns but not as simple as saying 'It's SAPs fault' as these can often relate to a multitude of complex problems with partners/consulting firms etc... Far too many to cover here and not all SAP issues, could be applied to any customer running legacy products or poorly implemented ones

In terms of the article I would agree this is a poor choice of product name, but don't worry as SAP change their product names every few months anyway :)

I do not feel SAP have given much clarity in terms of CRM yet, but the usual thing is for a big announcement from the top and then clarity will follow on

All just my opinions, I am not an employee of SAP or their partners, I am a customer of SAP

SAP is a huge part of our business and we could not have achieved such success without it.

None of this is to say that SAP are perfect and have it all right, far from it - but they are doing their best to adapt and adopt to modern challenges

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon