Reply to post: so centralised economy bureacrats are just like western CEOs ?

Chinese president Xi seeks innovation independence

Denarius
Meh

so centralised economy bureacrats are just like western CEOs ?

demanding initiative and independent thinking while running a micromanagement rules based mindset allowing only approved activities. While working for the bigger TLA outsourcerers I noted their PHB classes loved terms straight out of the USSR with 5 year plans and other fantasies. Perhaps the USSR won the minds of its nominal enemies while losing the economic war. Conversely, was it New boss is same as Old Boss ?

Reminds me of a long ago analysis on why trying to copy Silicon Valley elsewhere failed. The answer was an entire culture of accepted failure on way to success, coupled with a very short term approach to business life spans and supporting organisations. eg, being able to hire an and office furnishing for 3 months. This also explains why the Japanese attempts to out innovate merkins failed. Able to better engineer others creations, often in innovative ways but core break throughs cam from elsewhere. The problem is fundamentally a world view derived culture problem. The old joke about both BSD Unix and LSD coming from Berkely not being a co-incidence seems to match reality. yeah yeah I know about AT&T, but where did BK spend a lot of time ?

All ruling cliques seek to preserve their power and status. They just use different tags and flags which for some reason, the idiot peasants think represent reality instead of another round of mendacious advertising.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon