Reply to post: Re: anonymous coward

As Tesla hits speed bump after speed bump, Elon Musk loses his mind in anti-media rant

Jellied Eel Silver badge

Re: anonymous coward

I, for one, read PDF manuals of computer architecture. If anything, I should be reading more normal books, no wonder I'm struggling to be articulate recently.

No, please carry on reading the technical stuff, so I don't have to. Which is why I love the Register. So as Kieran says..

Journalism is about what is happening now. As in today. If something happened literally yesterday, a news editor will question whether it is worth a story. This creates a distorted sense of what is real

Which I guess is an especial challenge for tech reporting when combined with the 'velocity of news'. Case in point being Meltdown/Spectre. I'm no processor architecture guru, but do like chips. So I want to understand the implications and risks.. Which is a non-trivial task to translate something very complex into something a simple fibre guy can understand.. And the MSM have even less chance of understanding seeing as most of them don't really have tech/science reporters with the industry knowledge.. Which means they may rely on picking up the phone to the affected company's PR people and getting the official denial, not the kind of reporting we get here.

And I thank you for that. Plus my fellow travellers who can educated and entertain in the comments as well!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon